Crawlspace Mold Removal Services for New Hanover County Residents
Advanced Air Solutions’ Mold Remediation Specialists
Crawlspaces are often out of sight and out of mind. The problem with crawlspaces is most homeowners don’t notice they have a mold problem until it becomes a significant issue. Advanced Air Solutions provides crawlspace mold removal services in New Hanover County, NC. Crawlspaces are vulnerable areas in your home that accumulate high moisture levels, leading to mold and mildew growth. Many people have no idea the amount of mold accumulating under their homes. Mold spores find their way into your home through the air ducts, and moldy crawlspace areas can cause structural damage to wood. We have over 25 years of experience boosting your home's air quality. Our experts will examine your crawlspace area and remove any mold. Contact us today!
The Process of Crawlspace Mold Removal
Our mold remediation experts use an effective process for mold remediation that includes:
- Inspection – We carefully inspect for any visible signs of mold.
- Containment – Our team will seal any moldy areas to contain them and prevent the spread to areas of your home. We'll turn off heaters, cooling systems, and fans as well.
- Air Filtration – We use large negative air machines to prevent cross-contamination of air in the contained area and use large air scrubbers to purify the air.
- Mold Clean-Up – Our anti-fungal substances clean moldy areas and prevent them from further growth.
- Sanitize – We will sanitize the affected areas of your home to ensure there is no additional mold growth.
3 Signs of Crawlspace Mold
The three most common signs of crawlspace mold include:
- Musty Smell – The first sign of mold is typically a musty smell in your home. Never ignore it because mold growth only gets worse.
- Water Stains – You may notice water stains on your walls or flooring. You may also notice a change in walls or ceilings, including peeling and bubbling.
- Allergy Symptoms – Many people experience worsening allergy symptoms. Allergy symptoms tend to worsen over time as you breathe in more mold spores.
Types of Mold in Crawlspaces
The most common types of mold in your crawlspaces include:
- Black Mold – Black mold is the scariest type of mold for most homeowners. There are two types of black mold, including Stachybotrys atra and Stachybotrys chartarum. Both types of black mold release mycotoxins that often lead to severe allergic reactions. Black mold is dray gray with a powdery or fuzzy appearance.
- White Mold – White mold can release toxins that cause allergies and other health issues. White mold typically sprouts on wooden joists or exposed oil and has a fuzzy texture.
- Yellow Mold – Yellow mold feeds on organic materials and wooden structures, leading to deterioration and a decayed appearance. Yellow mold is gold with a flat exterior.
Causes of Mold in Crawlspaces
The most common causes of mold in crawlspaces include:
- Condensation - Humidity and condensation in crawlspaces lead to mold and mildew. Cold walls in the winter combined with heated indoor air often cause condensation that leads to mold growth.
- Foundation Cracks - Concrete foundation often cracks, leading to water penetration into the home. Germination of mold starts to grow with moisture levels.
- Flooding - Any time a basement area is flooded, leftover water often seeps into tiny crevices. These hard-to-reach spots allow mold growth and water damage.
Crawlspace Mold FAQs
Our experts answer your crawlspace mold frequently asked questions:
- Is it possible to have a mold-free home?
No. There will always be a tiny percentage of airborne mold in any home. The concern about mold growth is when it becomes excessive. Problem areas of mold include visible signs of mold, cracking or peeling of your walls, or an experience of allergy-like symptoms.
- How does mold develop in my clean home?
Mold doesn't mean you have an unclean home. The moisture in tiny areas of your home like your crawlspace builds up, leading to mold growth.
- What are the health risks associated with mold?
Mold exposure often causes respiratory issues, including allergic reactions and asthma. Symptoms will worsen over time.
- Is a mold inspection of my crawlspace worth my time and money?
Yes. Discovering and treating mold as soon as possible can save your health and your home. Untreated mold can lead to significant issues.
Why Choose Advanced Air Solutions?
Advanced Air Solutions offers premier crawlspace mold remediation services. For more than 25 years, our experts have quickly identified mold issues, determined the type, and taken steps to remove it. We go above and beyond to prevent future mold growth in your crawlspace area.
Schedule Your Free Estimate Today
We understand a crawlspace is a place that many people overlook when thinking about mold growth. We know the effects of crawlspace mold growth can hurt your family, pets, and the structure of your home. Our team of experts is here to ensure we eliminate your mold growth issues and help you breathe fresh air. Contact us today.
“The Technicians have such great work ethics, and they were so polite. They were such hard working, skilled individuals. I was surprised to still be able to find such high-quality professionals in Wilmington. It was such a pleasure…” From Yura M., Kure Beach
Contact us for your FREE estimate on home air solutions in Wilmington, NC.